Well-trained, educated teachers are the cornerstones of a high-quality childcare program!
If you have further questions about the above posted positions, you can e-mail or phone Michele Davis at 734.761.2576, ext. 205.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for a job with Gretchen’s House, please click on the job title above that you interested in. Once you complete the application, you will receive an email with additional information. If you have any questions, please do not reply to that email, instead call Michele Davis at 734.761.2576 ext.205
- Lead teachers generally have a 4–year degree in Early Childhood Education (or a related field) plus experience.
- Other full time teaching staff generally have a 2 or 4–year degree in Early Childhood Education (or a related field) and practical experience working with young children.
- All staff members receive on–going training and attend weekly and monthly center planning meetings.
- All full and part-time staff are certified in Basic First Aid/CPR, and receive annual training/certification in Blood Borne Pathogens, Safe Sleep, Food Allergies and SBS (Shaken Baby Syndrome).
Gretchen’s House offers competitive salaries based on educational background and experience. See job openings for current pay rates.
CHILDCARE TUITION DISCOUNT
Gretchen’s House, Inc. offers employees discounted childcare tuition rates for their dependents who are enrolled in GH programs: 50% off regular tuition rates for all age groups. The tuition rate for GH staff children rises at the same rate that tuition for outside families in the same program rises. Gretchen’s House also participates in the Michigan Tri-Share Child Care Program which offers further discounts.
TUITION REIMBURSEMENT FOR EARLY CHILDHOOD STUDIES
Gretchen’s House, Inc. participates in the T.E.A.C.H. program sponsored by the Michigan Association for the Education of Young Children to provide scholarships to working early childhood education students. To learn more about this program, please click here.
Gretchen’s House, Inc. will reimburse TEACH scholarship students for 10 % of tuition and books costs, in addition to a $375 bonus upon completion of each “contract,” which run between 12-18 credit hours. In order to be eligible for this program, employees must:
- Work at least twenty hours per week in a GH program
- Commit to continued employment at GH for one year following degree attainment
- Our cafeteria benefits plan includes medical, dental, cancer, accident, vision, and short-term disability insurance, flexible spending medical and childcare reimbursement accounts, and a 401(K) plan with employer matching contribution.
- Staff also receive a life insurance policy and childcare discount.
- We offer paid time off to our employees. First year, full-time staff earn 7.5 hours of vacation/comp time per month, increasing each year of employment up to 14 hours earned each month for a seventh-year employee. All regular full and part time staff, who are eligible for paid time off, receive 8-9 paid holidays per year, with the week between Christmas and New Year as paid vacation time.
- All full time staff earn four hours of sick time per month. Part-time staff who work at least 20 hours per week earn vacation and sick time at a prorated amount, based on the number of hours regularly worked.