Well-trained, educated teachers are the cornerstones of a high-quality childcare program!
We are currently accepting applications for full-time and part-time positions.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for a job with Gretchen’s House, please complete these steps:
- Click here to complete a Gretchen’s House Employment Application for any of the centers. We estimate it will take most users 1/2 hour or less. You will have the option to save your information, and return for later completion. Click here to complete Volunteer/Intern/Student Assistant Application.
- When you have successfully submitted your application, another window will open with a link to our skills inventory.
- You will receive an automated message from Michele Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org), as soon as your application has been successfully submitted.
- We will contact you for further information, following receipt of your application and skills inventory.
Please note: if you are applying for a position at Little Huskies, please contact Eva-Marie Hatfield to schedule an on-site interview in Houghton.
- Lead teachers generally have a 4–year degree in Early Childhood Education (or a related field) plus experience.
- Other full time teaching staff generally have a 2 or 4–year degree in Early Childhood Education (or a related field) and practical experience working with young children.
- All staff members receive on–going training and attend weekly and monthly center planning meetings.
- All full and part-time staff are certified in Basic First Aid/CPR, and receive annual training/certification in Blood Borne Pathogens, Safe Sleep, Food Allergies and SBS (Shaken Baby Syndrome).
Gretchen’s House offers competitive salaries commensurate with education and experience. For the 2019 year, our starting salaries are as follows:
- Full time, first year lead teachers start at $33,293.
- Full time, first year teachers with a four-year degree start at $31,212.
- Full time, first year teachers with a two-year early childhood degree OR 60 credits with 20 in early childhood education start at $27,030.
- Full time, first year teachers with a two-year degree in any other field OR a CDA start at $25,950.
CHILDCARE TUITION DISCOUNT
Gretchen’s House, Inc. offers employees discounted childcare tuition rates for their dependents who are enrolled in GH programs: 40% off regular tuition rates for the first child, and 45% off the second or subsequent children. The GH staff discount for school-age summer camp tuition is 50% off regular rates. The tuition rate for GH staff children rises at the same rate that tuition for outside families in the same program rises.
TUITION REIMBURSEMENT FOR EARLY CHILDHOOD STUDIES
Gretchen’s House, Inc. participates in the T.E.A.C.H. program sponsored by the Michigan 4C Association to provide scholarships to working early childhood education students. To learn more about this program, please click here.
Gretchen’s House, Inc. will reimburse TEACH scholarship students for 10 % of tuition and books costs, in addition to a $375 bonus upon completion of each “contract,” which run between 12-18 credit hours. In order to be eligible for this program, employees must:
- Work at least twenty hours per week in a GH program
- Commit to continued employment at GH for one year following degree attainment
- Our cafeteria benefits plan includes medical, dental, cancer, accident, vision, and short-term disability insurance, flexible spending medical and childcare reimbursement accounts, and a 401(K) plan with employer matching contribution.
- Staff also receive a life insurance policy and childcare discount.
- We offer paid time off to our employees. First year, full-time staff earn 7.5 hours of vacation/comp time per month, increasing each year of employment up to 14 hours earned each month for a seventh-year employee. All regular full and part time staff, who are eligible for paid time off, receive 8-9 paid holidays per year, with the week between Christmas and New Year as paid vacation time.
- All full time staff earn four hours of sick time per month. Part-time staff who work at least 20 hours per week earn vacation and sick time at a prorated amount, based on the number of hours regularly worked.