Programs: Full-day care for preschoolers; morning preschool (7:30-12:30); before and after care for schoolage children; summer camp for schoolage children.
Hours: Before school from 6:30 to 8:00 a.m., and after school until 6 p.m. (Morning preschool is 7:30-12:30).
Meet the Director: Shannon Steinbach
Hello. My name is Shannon Steinbach and I am the Director of Gretchen’s House in Chelsea. I have been working in Early Child Education for almost 30 years, the last 24 in Chelsea. I earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Education from Central Michigan University. I am married to a wonderful man, Dave, and have two grown children; Sean and Tracy. I enjoy reading, gardening and spending time at the lake relaxing with my family and friends.
Fees: For complete information, please call the center. There is a one-time non-refundable registration fee of $50 per child, and we require one month’s tuition in advance as a deposit to hold your spot. This deposit is refundable with thirty days written notice.
- Enrollment forms for preschoolers and general procedures for enrollment are outlined here.
Schoolage Care Enrollment (for Chelsea program only):
- To enroll in afterschool care at Chelsea, please send completed forms and check for the deposit plus your first month’s tuition to our office at the address listed above, attention Shannon Steinbach.
- Schoolage Permission form
- Schoolage Fillable Emergency Card (type in your info, print and sign)
- Schoolage Provision of milk & food Chelsea
***If you have any questions regarding enrollment in any of our Chelsea programs, please contact Shannon Steinbach via email or phone: 734.433.2652