State of Michigan child care licensing rules require that at least one staff member at a facility be certified in CPR and First Aid. At Gretchen’s House, all our teaching staff have both certifications.
GH offers regular CPR & First Aid certification/renewal classes for staff. Parents or other community members are welcome to sign up. Here’s the upcoming class schedule:
- Tuesday, June 3 (Initial)
- Wednesday, June 4 (CPR Renewal only)
- Wednesday, July 9 (Initial)
- Thursday, July 10 (CPR Renewal only)
- Tuesday, Aug. 12 (Initial)
- Wednesday, Aug. 13 (CPR Renewal only)
CPR certification must be renewed every year, while First Aid Certification is good for three years. If you’d like to sign up, please contact Heike Hampel.