Gretchen’s House is a locally owned and operated family of seven childcare centers in Ann Arbor, Michigan with satellite centers in Chelsea, Lansing, and Houghton. We have been providing child development programs for infants through school-age children for more than twenty years. Our programs are all licensed by the state of Michigan and accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). Gretchen’s house has a partnership with the HighScope International Research Foundation. We implement the HighScope curriculum in both our infant/toddler classrooms as well as our preschool classrooms. The curriculum is based on research that shows that children learn by doing. Our curriculum provides engaging, developmentally appropriate activities that encourage children to become confident, competent, life long learners.
What Makes Us Special?
- Highly qualified teachers with degrees in early childhood or related fields.
- Small group sizes and low children:staff ratios mean lots of individual attention.
- Our facilities are home-like rather than institutional: they are attractive, comfortable, and stocked with high-quality, developmentally-appropriate materials and fixtures.
- We highly value outdoor play and natural learning experiences. We garden, recycle, and spend time outside every day.
- We provide safe environments for children who have food allergies.