Gretchen’s House, Inc. is a locally owned and operated family of seven childcare centers in Ann Arbor, Michigan with satellite centers in Chelsea, Lansing, and Houghton. We have been providing child development programs for infants through school-age children for more than twenty years. Our programs are all licensed by the state of Michigan and accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).Our programs are play-based because we believe children learn by doing. Our curriculum is carefully designed to provide engaging, developmentally appropriate activities that encourage children to be confident, competent learners.
Here’s what makes us special:
- Highly qualified teachers with degrees in early childhood or related fields.
- Small group sizes and low children:staff ratios mean lots of individual attention.
- Our facilities are home-like rather than institutional: they are attractive, comfortable, and stocked with high-quality, developmentally-appropriate materials and fixtures.
- We highly value outdoor play and natural learning experiences. We garden, recycle, and spend time outside every day.
- We provide safe environments for children who have food allergies.